PRESS RELEASE – 14.03.2018
Le Parisien Etudiant Bachelor Degree ranking 2018
KEDGE ranked 1st of the French Business Schools for fifth consecutive year
In its Bachelor Degree ranking for 2018, Le Parisien Etudiant ranks KEDGE Business School in 1st place. This is the fifth consecutive year in which KEDGE has occupied the leading position in this ranking of Bachelor Degree programmes in France’s management schools.
“We are proud that our KEDGE Bachelor Degree programme has been in first place for the last 5 years”, says José Milano, Director General of KEDGE Business School. “Our objective is to carry on delivering the best teaching and support to our students. This ranking for a multi-campus programme demonstrates the success of the group as a whole.”
Le Parisien Etudiant awarded KEDGE a total score of 54 points including a maximum score (5 points out of 5) for the criteria of selectiveness, international, business networks, employment, entrepreneurship and pedagogical projects, and 4 out of 5 for quality marks, development, attractiveness, pedagogy, business relationships and continuing education.
Le Parisien Etudiant explains that “With our ranking procedure, the best French institutions naturally sweep the board, benefiting from the experience acquired for MBAs and other Masters degrees. [...] What makes these institutions so outstanding is their pedagogical excellence, the relationships they maintain with businesses, and their international network. This combination of criteria carries a great deal of weight in our rankings.”
The KEDGE Bachelor Degree programme offers 20 specialisations across 7 campuses (Avignon, Bastia, Bayonne, Bordeaux, Marseille, Toulon and Dakar). On this degree course that prepares students for a career in business, lectures are delivered in English. The pedagogy underpinning the course includes “Learning by Doing”, based on project implementation, a training method of which KEDGE Business School is a pioneer. Under the Be- U system, undergraduates have the benefit, right from year one, of personalised support in mapping their career path, to ensure that when they graduate they can find employment or a further course of study well matched to their personality.
The full list of criteria for Le Parisien Etudiant rankings:
- Quality marks: Visa and RNCP [National Directory of Professional and Vocational Qualifications]
- Development: change in student numbers and programme budgets
- Attractiveness: change in applicant numbers
- Selectiveness: percentage of applicants accepted and honours percentages
- Pedagogy: number of teaching hours per year, teaching in English, teaching staff
- International: proportion of students going abroad and number of exchange agreements
- Business relationships: percentage of students on internships and sandwich courses
- Business network: number of businesses present at the school’s careers fair
- Employment: placements upon graduation
- Continuing education: percentage of students continuing their studies
- Entrepreneurship: number of businesses set up by Bachelor Degree students
- Pedagogical project: editorial team’s opinion of pedagogical projects