The objectives of the Chair are:
- To reflect on new models that promote the materiality of ESG criteria on asset management, asset pricing and risk management.
- To study new ESG impact and reporting models in relation to new regulations (notably article 173 of the TEE law)
- To promote a link between research and pedagogy by carrying out concrete actions in connection with the MSc Sustainable Finance of KEDGE (internships, workshops, conferences, thesis projects, case studies...).
The Chair will integrate 4 main Axes:
- Axis 1: Research "Materiality of ESG criteria in asset pricing and risk management”:
Understand the impact of integrating sustainability into asset pricing, risk management and the environmental performance measures of funds (in relation to the objective of reducing global warming by 2°, reducing greenhouse gas emissions), as well as on the ecosystem and society from a more global perspective.
- Axis 2: Research "Challenges of responsible and sustainable finance in order to transform financial models":
The research integrated in this axis corresponds to the topics developed by the KEDGE Business School research teams on responsible and sustainable finance issues (determining new ESG impact models (multidimensional value) for listed and unlisted companies, effects of ESG integration on risks, epistemology of financial modelling and risk models, green bonds and social impact bonds, solidarity finance, new governance models, emerging economies and alternative financial systems...)
- Axis 3: Training and Pedagogy:
Organization of educational actions in connection with the MSc Sustainable Finance de KEDGE BUSINESS SCHOOL (definition of thesis topics, prize for the best master’s thesis in responsible and sustainable finance, internship proposals, organization of events and conferences).
- Axis 4: Awareness, Media:
Raise awareness among the general public, the scientific community and companies on the challenges of responsible and sustainable finance, in particular by contributing to forums, shooting videos for specialized media, hosting conferences and other events, and organizing an annual conference involving researchers and practitioners.
CANDRIAM (« Conviction and Responsibility in Asset Management ») is a recognized European reference in asset management and is based on strong management values and expertise developed over more than 20 years. It is a pioneer in Socially Responsible Investment ("SRI") and in the consideration of ESG criteria in the analysis of investment opportunities and risks.