THE TECHNICAL AND DECISION-MAKING EXPERTISE
The controller is the interface between general management and operational departments. The courses focus on the acquisition of technical and decision-making expertise based on best practice.
SYLLABUS CREATED JOINTLY WITH DFCG
- The KEDGE management control MSc is designed and produced in partnership with the Association of Finance and Management Control Directors (DFCG).
- The DFCG ensures best business practices.
- The DFCG offers internships and employment positions, and involves students in their events.
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL TEACHING
- The content has a balance between methodological and practical knowledge, combining academic lessons and field-based studies.
- Teaching is shared between academics and professionals from industry.
Lessons are systematically connected to CSR issues.
Full time English lessons.
UNDERSTANDING, LEARNING AND SETTING OUT THE STRATEGY OF A COMPANY IN ACTION PLANS
- Ability to communicate global targets of the company and local aims for the various departments.
- Communicating the strategy using tools, such as budgets or dashboards.
COORDINATING A BUDGETARY PROCESS IN A COMPLEX ORGANISATION
- Communicating the budget to operational departments
- Checking that targets have been met and identifying corrective actions if they have not been met
- Coordinating budget communication between general management and operational departments.
IMPLEMENTING AN INTERNAL REPORTING SYSTEM
Produce reports combining financial and non-financial perspectives.
UNDERSTAND AND MASTER NEW STRATEGIC ISSUES OF COMPANIES THROUGH THE COST MANAGEMENT
Optimisation of costs/value ratio for smart cost reduction.
PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF AN AGILE ORGANISATION
Enable the company to become more agile, and become more responsive to the market and regulations:
- being responsive in its production of strategic information aimed at general management and operational staff with a view to improve their decision-making.
- understanding organisational issues through process and change management.
UNDERSTANDING AND MASTERING THE PURPOSE OF THE MANAGEMENT CONTROLLER
- Producing information to take decision.
- Being a source of recommendations to guide and manage performance.
BECOMING EXPERT IN ERPS AS A TOOL FOR DECISION-MAKING
- Producing, processing and analysing information
- Applying the corrective actions involving local system and common objectives of the company.