Home not only to the most beautiful harbour in europe, blue flag certified beaches and unspoilt coves, but also to cultural and high-level sporting facilities, Toulon enjoys a favourable geographic location which is 4 hours away from paris, 2.5 hours from the southern french alps, and 15 minutes from the beach.
THE CULTURAL SIDE OF TOULON
With the Zénith Omega arena, the Toulon Opera, and the Théâtre Liberté, the city of Toulon offers a wide range of entertainment, from the most contemporary to the most classic. Dance, music, street art, theatre, comics...the Var region of France offers festivals throughout the year, including the Book Festival, the International Maritime Film and Exploration Festival, the Comic Festival, and many more.
Finally, it is impossible not to mention the Villa Noailles in Hyères. Now an art and exhibition centre, it is the place to go to discover designers, architects, fashion designers, and photographers. The International Festival of Design, or the Design Parade, takes place there every year in July.
NATURE AND SPORT IN TOULON
Almost 430km of coastline scattered with unspoilt coves, craggy calanques, beaches and islands, with the Iles d’Or, Porquerolles, Levant and Port Cros all particularly worth a visit. A few dozen kilometres are all it takes for the surroundings to change completely, deep in the heart of the mountainous forest regions of Sainte-Baume, l’Estérel and Maures, or even further away in the canyons of the Verdon Regional Natural Park.
These diverse surfaces and landscapes are a paradise for sports lovers and outdoor enthusiasts: white water sports, sailing, surfing, kitesurfing, diving, climbing, mountain biking, and aerial or motor sports. And rugby of course, with the legendary Toulon Rugby Club.
Teaching resources and equipment
The Campus de la Grande Tourrache gives students easy access to innovative tools and facilities:
- The media library offers almost 8,000 publications, over 100 French and international periodicals, and 200 videos and DVDs in the following areas:
- Product, Graphic and Media Design
- Multimedia Design
- Design Management
- Design History
- Innovation Management
- Corporate Management
- Industry Marketing
The library is well-connected, with students able to access around twenty online databases. Remotely access is also an option for all our students.
WiFi access and computer-equipped workstations are available.
- Lecture halls of varying size (capacity for 220 and 80 people)
- Around twenty rooms
- A ‘brain bubble’ for group work
- Fully equipped workshops (thermoformer, pillar drill, lathe, band saw, all the necessary tools for model-building, etc.)
- A photo studio
- IT rooms: a 3D zone (with thirty or so open-access stations) and WiFi access throughout campus
- A bright and spacious cafeteria with an outdoor courtyard where you can make the most of the 300 days of sunshine that Toulon enjoys each year
- Nearby and on-site accommodation
- A car park for cars and motorcycles, access to public transport
The Toulon train station is 12km away, and Toulon–Hyères Airport 10km away.
Getting to the grande tourrache campus
Arriving by car
- If you are coming from Marseilles/Aix via Aubagne/La Ciotat, go through Toulon then take the A57 motorway towards Nice. At the A570 junction go towards Hyères and exit immediately towards “La Bastide verte - ZI Toulon Est”.
- If you are coming from Marseilles/Aix via Brignoles, take the A57 at Cuers towards Toulon and use exit no.6 marked “La Farlède”, then go towards ZI Toulon Est.
- If you are approaching Toulon from Nice on the A57, use exit no.6 marked “La Farlède”, then go towards ZI Toulon Est.
- If you are approaching Nice-Toulon from Hyères on the A57 take the exit marked “La Bastide verte - ZI Toulon Est” before the junction with the A57.
The car park is on rue Dr Calmette (off-campus), and the bike shelter is on campus.
Arriving by bus
Line 191 B (www.reseaumistral.com)
If you take Line 191 (A and B), only Line 191 B follows the route all the way to La Grande Tourrache. It is sometimes possible to take the Appel Bus 191 from the “Université nord” bus stop:
Appel Bus 04 94 03 87 02 Monday-Friday 07:00-18:00, Saturday 8:00-12:00 and 14:00-18:00 (reserve 1 hour before your desired departure time).