Vieux Port in Marseille
Where to stay in Marseille?
The KEDGE Business School campus in Marseille is situated on two different sites: the Luminy campus, nestled on the edge of the Calanques National Park, and La Joliette campus, located in the heart of the city.
The Luminy campus is located in the 9th arrondissement, in the Luminy area. It is advisable to search for housing options close to the Bus 21 stop, as it goes straight to the school. La Joliette campus for executive education is located in La Joliette business district, close to the Docks and the MuCEM (a museum dedicated to the Mediterranean). The 6th, 8th, and 9th arrondissements are the ones to favour while searching for student accommodation on the city map.
- Individual studio or two rooms are popular options with students looking for accommodation in Marseille. A lot of them dream of living in the 8th arrondissement. This district's many landmarks and new green spaces contribute to a pleasant living and learning environment. However, this neighbourhood is not very suitable for student accommodation because of the high rent in the area.
- Students are now getting particularly attracted by the 9th arrondissement, which is quite large, located closer to the campus, and offers many housing options. If you are looking for student accommodation in Marseille, consider room or residence offers in this area, which are great options for those on a tight budget.
- The liveliest and trendiest areas to live and relax in Marseille city centre are Préfecture, Castellane, Perier, and Cours Julien. All the new and vibrant shops and boutiques, bars and restaurants, green spaces and relaxation zones are located there.
- In the 6th arrondissement, there are such important city sites as the Prefecture, the monumental fountain of Place Castellane, and an important bus and metro interchange. They serve as a significant infrastructure for student housing in the area.
- The average rent in Marseille is around €530 (bills not included) per month, but it often reaches €600 and more in popular districts. The price depends primarily on the location and size of the dwelling. This budget is higher than the average rent in France, which is a sign of a dynamic market. Despite the high demand, the supply of student housing in Marseille is large enough to be accommodated without too much difficulty.
- In terms of the type of housing, 55% of tenants prefer to live in an individual furnished flat or a room. This is also the case for individual housing in student residences in Marseille. Students who want to stay in Marseille for their studies are looking primarily for a studio with an average rent of €488 per month or a T1, a one-room flat, with an average rent of €658 per month. Shared accommodation is also in great demand since it is the cheapest solution to obtain a more spacious and comfortable student accommodation in Marseille.
Marseille is a sunny place where you can study and have fun. It blends the energy of a big metropolis with the allure of the Mediterranean. There are a lot of cultural activities offered, while nautical activities are particularly appreciated. Finally, students may explore the magnificent nature, such as the renowned creeks' wild trails and turquoise waters just a few kilometres from Marseille. Both entertainment and study possibilities are included in the city programme.
So, what will be your perfect neighbourhood in Marseille?
How to find accommodation as a student?
The housing services for students of KEDGE Business School are available on a single Studapart platform. You will find exclusive housing offers from private landlords and real estate agencies, such as studios, flat shares, furnished rooms in private houses, etc. In the French rental market, more than 1 in 5 requests are filed for a student residence. Student residences make it easy to book a place remotely from abroad, which is not always possible with other types of accommodation. That explains why student residences are so successful with international students, and why there are so many offers available on the platform.
Location is one of the main criteria that enter into account for young tenants when looking for accommodation. For their studies or their job, they usually prefer to avoid long walks or public transport trips. Student residences found a new way to adapt to this clientele’s needs, and residence managers locate buildings near schools and universities.
Student residences each have extensive accommodation catalogues. Each residence offers 1 or 2-room furnished flats, as well as shared flats with individual rooms. This way, any tenant finds a solution that suits their needs.
On the Studapart platform, you will also benefit from personalised support throughout your rental application process and the Studapart Guarantee. The Studapart team makes sure that the user’s profiles and ads are verified and encourages homeowners to keep an updated profile, have a high response rate, and provide quality accommodation.
A multilingual team is at your disposal 6 days a week to help you find and book your student accommodation on the platform. From searching to booking, you can view available verified housing offers and complete the whole process online. To get started, click on “Tenant space” and sign up using your school’s login credentials or your email address, or register with your Facebook account.
For further details, do not hesitate to contact our housing advisor in Marseille: email@example.com
You don’t have a guarantor for your student accommodation in France?
Don’t worry, Studapart can replace your guarantor over the whole duration of your stay in France.
A guarantor is a third party, who signs the lease agreement with the tenant, responsible for paying the rent. In case the tenant does not pay the rent, the landlord has a right to legally ask the guarantor to pay it.
It may be challenging for international students to find accommodation in Marseille without a French guarantor. In most cases, student residences and landlords require that your guarantor has income in France.
You can get the Studapart Guarantee directly on the platform and add it to your rental application to find a room or residence available in the desired area.
If you require any further information, feel free to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You are an owner
To advertise your student housing services or property on our dedicated platform for accommodation, click on “Owner space” to go through the sign-up process. After that, you will be able to create your profile and describe the student accommodation you provide.
The Studapart platform allows you to find a perfect tenant quickly and safely. It was developed on 4 key pillars to make your rental experience simpler: security, autonomy, expertise, and profitability.
Studapart is a community of trust, as both owners and tenants share the same values: transparency, open-mindedness, and goodwill. If you have a room or student residence to offer, come join us!
Student residence in Marseille
The student hall residence (CROUS)
The Regional Centre for University and School Work (CROUS) is a public organisation in charge of student administration. In particular, they can provide social assistance, welcome international students, help with student accommodation and catering, and promote student culture.
Depending on the city you choose for your business studies, you will have to contact a different CROUS regional centre. The CROUS student residences and rooms are mainly allocated according to social criteria.
Address: 31 avenue Jules Ferry 13621 Aix-en-Provence CEDEX 1
By telephone: +33 (0) 4 42 16 13 13