The Business School, repeatedly named the best business school in French-speaking Africa by the magazine Jeune Afrique, offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies as well as executive programmes from Bachelor to Doctorate level.
Discover BEM Abidjan Campus
BEM Abidjan was opened at the start of the school year in September 2020. The school strives to train responsible managers, aware of their role and ready to commit to the development of the African continent.
Located in the 8th section, on the Boulevard du Nouveau Chu, opposite the cité Rosiers Programme 6, the campus is spread over 1010 m². Students, although mostly from the African continent, also come from European countries and further afield. In Abidjan, 50 % of teaching is delivered by permanent professors from the Bordeaux campus. The school benefits from:
- 8 classrooms
- 1 conference room
- A multimedia resource centre including books, electronic books, magazines, scientific journals, research papers, computers
- Fibre optic throughout the campus, an interactive screen and two video projectors
- Catering facilities: Le Pain du Quotidien located next to the school offers meals and snacks at preferential rates for students.
How to get to BEM campus in Abidjan?
BEM Abidjan address: Bld du nouveau CHU Cocody - Angré - 08 BP 2607 Abidjan 08
- The campus is 25 minutes away from the Abidjan Railway Station by car
Abidjan by plane
Félix Houphouët Boigny International Airport, also known as Port Bouët Airport, is located 16 km south-east of Abidjan, ivory Coast. It is the largest airport in the country.
From the airport, you can reach the city centre by several means of transports:
- Line 6 of SOTRA (Abidjan Transport Company) runs between the airport and Gare sud – the bus station in Plateau in approximately 50 minutes. Hours: 05: 30 – 9: 30 pm. Single trip tickets can be purchased from the bus driver at the rate of 200 FCFA.
Click here for the itinerary: http://www.sotra.ci/www/s3/itineraires/indexGPS.php?ligne=06
- Taxis: Some taxis are in service from the Félix Houphouët-Boigny Abidjan International Airport to other districts of Abidjan and its suburbs. They are available 24 hours a day and can be found outside the airport for a minimum fare of 5,000 FCFA.
Abidjan by train
Ivory Coast has only one train line (operated by Sitarail) connecting the capital Abidjan to Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso. This train service runs one to three times per week. There is also a weekly train service with stops in Bouaké and Ferkessédougou.
Abidjan by road
Road conditions are poor but improving, especially in the capital, where new roads and bridges have been built.
The bus service is operated by the state-owned Abidjan Transport Company (SOTRA) and is currently undertaking a major fleet expansion programme.
Study Business Management in Ivory Coast : programmes available in Abidjan
Undergraduate and postgraduate programmes:
- Bachelors (BAC +3 to +4): International Management Programme / Science & Technology / Sports Management / English / Communication
- MSc KEDGE BS: 1st year in Abidjan and 2nd year in France (Bordeaux, Paris or Marseille). Diploma from KEDGE BS and level 1 approved by the French Ministry of Higher Education.
- MBA diploma: The Master in Business Administration undoubtedly remains 'the world reference' for executives and the essential key to accessing a management position quicker. 1st year in Abidjan, 2nd in the US or UK.
Executive education (degree training)
- Bachelor of Technical Administration and Business Management - TAGE. A programme that prepares you for professions and activities related to management.
- MBA: Euro-African blended MBA. AMBA-accredited diploma issued by KEDGE Business School ensuring unprecedented international recognition for a diploma co-constructed by an institution in sub-Saharan Africa.
- DBA: Doctorate in Business Administration is a doctoral programme strongly rooted in the business world and is part of a perspective of career development and professional recognition.
- MSc: Risk & Finance / International Trade & Supply Chain / Digital Marketing / Audit & Management Control / Corporate Finance / marketing management (diploma from KEDGE BS and level 1 approved by the French Ministry of Higher Education)..
Abidjan and its region
Abidjan is located in Cote d'Ivoire on the southern coast of West Africa. The official language is French.
- Yamoussoukro: The capital city of Ivory Coast is bursting with colour, culture, and activity. There are several attractions to visit in the city like the Palace of the President, the Mosque, and the exquisite Cathedrale Notre-Dame-De-La-Paix.
- Comoc National Park: This Park is the oldest and largest national park in the northeast. It is the perfect location to catch lions, hippos, water bucks, and lots of other animals lounging in their natural habitat.
- Grand Bassam: For the ultimate beach experience in Africa, you should visit one of the beaches at the Grand Bassam where you can splash around in the crystal clear waters, deep your feet in the sand, take walks along the beach, bask in the sun, throw kites, etc.
Life in Abidjan as an international student
Places to visit and top tips for students
Abidjan, the largest city of Côte d'Ivoire is not known as a tourist Mecca, but there are a couple of interesting sites to visit:
Banco National Park. Located along Northern highway in the district of Attécoubé, Banco was declared a national park in 1953. It conserves both flora and fauna in some 30 km2
St. Paul's Cathedral is the second-largest church building in Africa and can seat more than 3,500 people. The interior of the cathedral include a number of beautiful stained-glass tableaux and the building offers spectacular views of the city.
The Plateau is the central business district of Abidjan. Surrounded by water, Plateau is home to government ministries and office buildings as well as upmarket restaurants and bakeries.
Located in the old town, Treichville is the place to be for entertainment. Full of bars and restaurants, as well as a racecourse, swimming pool and sports park. The market is also worth a visit during the day, as it offers an array of interesting and affordable items.
Living in Abidjan as a student
There are several accommodation options. Students can choose from homestays, hotel rentals, dormitories, and shared apartments, to mention but a few.
Dormitories- various universities in Abidjan offer accommodation for students. These are cheaper and usually included as part of the fees. There are several dormitories available for students including:
Red City (University City) - Located in the heart of the municipality of Cocody, the Red city can accommodate several students. It helps to reduce the costs of travel and accommodation. Its location gives easy access to the Félix Houphouet Boigny University. Facilities in the Red city include a study room, a television room, and sports fields.
Campus INSET- is a great place for young students and a peaceful place to focus on studies. The INSET campus is an integral part of the University of Cocody. The student housing is regularly maintained, it is well located and provides easy access with asphalt roads from the institute to the heart of the city. It has larger rooms compared to other campuses. The spirit of sharing and fraternity is there.
Apartments – there are several apartment options available for students. Apartment Lamblin, MC Location, Résidence Bonté Divine, Happy Welcome Bietry 2, and Residence le Flamboyant and Apartment ABS are some of the apartment options available in Abidjan. The average cost of an apartment per night for an apartment in Abidjan can range from an equivalent of $28 going upwards, depending on the location and the owner’s price.
Homestays- homestays are generally very popular for international students. They provide a greater platform to easily adapt to foreign countries, with guidance from a local family. It is less costly and students can get to share experiences with the local families and even get to learn about the country, culture, and languages faster.