Bordeaux centre and the Garonne river
Where to stay in Bordeaux?
The KEDGE Business School campus is located in Talence, around 35 minutes away from the Bordeaux city centre by tram, 25 minutes away by car, and 30 minutes away by bicycle.
If you are looking for a room, studio, or residence near the campus, you should consider the towns of Talence, Gradignan, and Pessac. Other possibilities are:
- For a quieter district, Saint-Genès is the perfect place for you. It is located between the Talence university campus, Place de la Victoire, and the Bordeaux city centre. Many students choose to live here to relax after their long days of classes, exams, or part-time jobs.
- For a more dynamic lifestyle, you can also search for a room or studio in the Nansouty district which is also very popular with international students. There are a lot of new places to visit, and it attracts a lot of students from all over the world.
- Students looking for a vibrant atmosphere can choose the Saint-Pierre and Victoire districts as locations for student accommodation. These areas are situated not far from the bars and restaurants of the Rue du Parlement and the shops of Saint Catherine Street, the longest shopping street in Europe. Students can get to the main city sites and the school campus by tram or on foot. Housing prices are attractive in these two districts.
- The Chartrons district is one of the most beautiful places in Bordeaux, because of the scenery and the view it offers. It is located near the banks of the Garonne, which means pleasant walks and study sessions near the water. You can also take advantage of the new shops and the public transport networks available in the area. You will not be disappointed by this ideal location!
- Students particularly appreciate the dynamism of Bordeaux, and especially its city centre. It is a place rich in culture and history. In addition, the area has everything you need to enjoy a high quality of life in France: local shops, transport, bars, restaurants, shopping centres, and green spaces to enjoy nature and study. However, the accommodation is a bit more expensive due to its location.
A student will have to spend on average €610 per month (bills not included) to find a private residence in Bordeaux. The beautification of the city, the renovation of train platforms, the construction of a tramway line, and the inauguration of the Paris-Bordeaux high-speed train are improvements that contribute to this increase in rent.
For the most part, students in Bordeaux are looking for a studio from €515 to €615 per month or a T1, a one-room furnished flat, with an average rent of €768 per month. The price usually depends on the location and size of the dwelling. Shared accommodation is also in great demand since it is the cheapest solution to obtain a more spacious and comfortable student accommodation in Bordeaux.
Bordeaux is one of the favourite cities for French and international students. Every year, the number of people who come to Bordeaux for their studies is gradually increasing. There are many areas where students can find everything they need: green spaces, shops, bars, restaurants, various event venues, educational centres, etc. Both entertainment and study possibilities are included in the city programme.
So, what will be your perfect neighbourhood in Bordeaux?
How to find accommodation as a student?
The housing services for students of KEDGE Business School are available on a single Studapart platform. You will find exclusive housing offers from private landlords and real estate agencies, such as studios, flat shares, furnished rooms in private houses, etc. In the French rental market, more than 1 in 5 requests are filed for a student residence. Student residences make it easy to book a place remotely from abroad, which is not always possible with other types of accommodation. That explains why they are so successful with international students and why there are so many offers available on the platform.
Location is one of the main criteria when looking for accommodation. For their studies or their job, students usually prefer to avoid long walks or long journeys on public transport. This is why you will usually find residences in the immediate vicinity of schools or universities.
On the Studapart platform, you will also benefit from personalised support throughout your rental application process and the Studapart Guarantee. The Studapart team makes sure that the user’s profiles and ads are verified and encourages homeowners to keep an updated profile, have a high response rate, and provide quality accommodation.
A multilingual team is at your disposal 6 days a week to help you find and book your student accommodation on the platform. Whether you are searching or looking to book, you can view available housing and complete the whole process online. To get started, click on “Tenant space” and sign up using your school’s login credentials, your personal email address, or register with your Facebook account.
For further questions, do not hesitate to contact our housing advisor in Bordeaux: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You don’t have a guarantor for your student accommodation in France?
Don’t worry, Studapart can replace your guarantor over the whole duration of your stay in France.
A guarantor is a third party, who signs the lease agreement with the tenant, responsible for paying the rent. In case the tenant does not pay the rent, the landlord has an option to legally ask the guarantor to pay it.
It may be challenging for international students to find accommodation in Bordeaux without a French guarantor. In most cases, student residences and landlords require that your guarantor has income in France.
You can get the Studapart Guarantee directly on the platform and add it to your rental application to find a room or residence available in the desired area.
If you require any further information, feel free to email: email@example.com
You are an owner
To advertise your student housing services or property on our dedicated platform, click on “Owner space” to go through the sign-up process. After that, you will be able to create your profile and describe the student accommodation you provide.
The Studapart platform allows you to find a perfect tenant quickly and safely. It was developed on 4 key pillars to make your rental experience simpler: security, autonomy, expertise, and profitability.
Studapart is a community of trust, as both owners and tenants share the same values: transparency, open-mindedness, and goodwill. If you have a room or student residence to offer, come join us!
Student residence in Bordeaux
The student hall residence (CROUS)
The Regional Centre for University and School Work (CROUS) is a public organisation in charge of student administration. In particular, they can provide social assistance, welcome international students, help with accommodation and catering, and promote student culture.
Depending on your study location, you will need to contact your regional CROUS centre. The CROUS student residences and rooms are mainly allocated according to social criteria.
For more relevant information, we encourage you to visit the blog and the official CROUS website.
Address: 18 rue du Hamel - CS 11616 33080 Bordeaux CEDEX
By telephone: +33 (0) 5 56 33 92 00