Purchasing used to be about finding the cheapest prices. This is no longer the case. Today purchasing is about working with strategic suppliers so as to capture Innovation and implement it as quickly as possible.
The focus is now on innovation capture and speed-tomarket and the role of purchasing has become extremely strategic. Key suppliers have now become a real force of proposition. This change requires a totally different breed of Purchasing professionals.
The MAI is recognized by multinationals as being at the leading age of Purchasing and Innovation capture for New Product Development.
Why choose this programme?
THE STRENGTH OF A NETWORK
This professional network of over 4,000 graduates - most of them working for major corporations - is the only alumni community to have so many Purchasing managers in Europe. It is also part of the KEDGE alumni network, which brings together more than 50,000 graduates from all over the world.
REAL-LIFE WORKING CONDITIONS
Students are exposed to real-world working conditions with a prime focus on personal accountability and empowerment. Lectures rely on everyday-life business cases, group work, presentations, real application exercises, role plays, summary reports, etc.
A GLOBAL VISION OF THE COMPANY
Transversal courses allow MAI graduates to evolve on other types of functions: Marketing, Strategy, Product Development, etc.
A PROGRAMME ACCLAIMED BY COMPANIES
Recruiters are in constant touch with the MAI to offer both internships and permanent posts to students and graduates.
Open Source Seminar
A seminar to choose among cutting-edge cross-cutting themes, mixing students from various MSc: a unique opportunity to enlarge your network and add complementary skills to your expertise.
- Doing Business in Emerged and Emerging markets
- SAP ERP Software
- Open Innovation
- Creative Thinking and Making
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Crisis Management
- Storytelling and video
- Excellence through « made in »
- Leadership & management
- Be involved in new product development from the design stage onwards (new materials, substitutions, etc.)
- Take on board all requirements and specificities related to the product
- Know the client market and the trends at play in distributing and consuming the finished good
- Be familiar with the inner workings of the company in order to understand its requirements
- Identify assets and meet the requirements of the marketing department
- Understand all performance drivers related to quality, price, service, delivery and innovation
- Encourage the use of innovative purchasing approaches and techniques
- Detect suppliers with potential innovation
- Involve key suppliers in the product development process
- Explore new geographical purchasing sources
- Meet potential suppliers for new products
- Initiate and improve relations with suppliers
- Select, manage and monitor the portfolio of suppliers
- Become fluent in new technologies
- Be proficient in the best-in-class strategies, techniques and tools applied to Purchasing
- Monitor purchasing competition
- Become an ambassador for own company’s requirements in terms of quality, price, deadlines and innovation