A step forward in your education and professional experience
In partnership with CED-University of Dubai and SM&B, Kedge Business School delivers tailor-made, executive short term programmes in the field of Sport & Event Management, catered to a range of business professionals.
Total annual expenditure related to sport in Dubai
Total economic impact of sport in Dubai
MSc on Eduniversal ranking - Sport Management Category
Sport plays an important role in the growth and appeal of any global city. It is a driver of economic development and has a significant bearing on tourism, lifestyle, public health and ultimately, a city’s international reputation.
Dubai has long recognised this reality and has worked strategically for many years to invest in its resources and capabilities across the sport sector. Today, Dubai is home to world-class facilities and venues, hosting homegrown local, regional and international events that welcome both elite athletes and grass roots participation.
Through the three core focus areas of Dubai’s Events, Facilities and People, this comprehensive study tells the story of sport in Dubai by quantifying its economic contribution, forecasting its impact in the years ahead and identifying areas for potential growth.
Strategically located between East and West, Dubai has a young, dynamic and multicultural population of nearly 200 nationalities and welcomes more than 10m visitors every year, with plans to welcome 20m by 2020.
Testament to the country’s strengths, the UAE has been awarded the honour of hosting the World Expo 2020 in Dubai – a first for the wider Middle East, North Africa and South Asia (MENASA) region. This event will represent a significant milestone in the UAE’s incredible journey, coinciding with the country’s golden jubilee.
As Host City of the World Expo 2020, Dubai will further strengthen its infrastructure, facilities, skills and expertise, with a resulting positive impact on the long-term opportunities for sport.
Dubai hosts a wide range of sports events
From major events on the world stage and regular elite-level domestic competitions through to a large number of smaller events encouraging grass roots participation :
- Omega Dubai Desert Classic Standard Chartered Dubai Marathon
- Dubai Tour
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
- Dubai World Cup
- DP World Tour Championship
- Emirates Airline Dubai Rugby Sevens
- 2020 World Expo
- 2022 Football World Cup
- Short, 2-day to 1-week programmes, in Dubai with or without credits
- Executive programmes mixing academic courses, business and cultural visits
- Short Term Programmes based on the KEDGE Accredited Master of Science in International Sports and Event Management,
- Benefit from the expertise of our international faculty to deliver high-quality courses in the subject of your choosing
- Study trips designed for participants from GCC countries (Bahrein, Kuweit, Saudi, Qatar, UAE) to destinations around the World via SM&B offices in Dubai, San Diego & Paris.