PRESS RELEASE – 06.03.2018
KEDGE Business School launches its new Summer School programmes : The Premium Summer School, in partnership with FERRANDI Paris, The International Summer School personalised for each student
KEDGE Business School, France’s largest independant Business School holding triple accreditation, is creating two new summer school programmes dedicated to foreign students who want to benefit from courses delivered by experienced academics and professionals in management.
On one hand, the Premium Summer School Programme is dedicated to Management of Haute Cuisine & Fine Wines, in partnership with France’s leading professional training school in culinary arts, FERRANDI Paris.
On the other hand, the KEDGE International Summer School programme leverages the institution’s multi- campus platform and its international positioning to offer a completely flexible format unlike any other summer school programme to Bachelor and Master students from around the globe.
"We created our two Summer Schools based on our areas of expertise recognised in management, on our high- level academic research and to meet the demands of international students", says José Milano, Director General of KEDGE Business School.
The Premium Summer School Programme with FERRANDI Paris (2018, July 2-14):
Limited to 24 students, the premium programme provides a close look at Marketing and Management of Haute Cuisine and fine wines. The programme is delivered on two campuses, in two french famous centres of gastrononomy and oenology : Paris and Bordeaux.
This summer School experience allies top-quality business courses delivered by experienced academics and professionals in the field, and privileged access company visits, cultural activities, and workshops.
"With KEDGE Business School we developped a unique Summer School programme, combining gastronomy and oenology", explains Eric de Champsavin, Deputy Director of FERRANDI Paris. "This programme gives the oportunity to discover markets and trends in culinary art management, customer service and the luxury business."
"With campuses based on two wines terroirs, Bordeaux and Provence, KEDGE Business School makes it the natural place to assert itself as a world leader in the study of Wine & Spirits Management", says Anne-Catherine Guitard, International Relations Manager. "Leveraging the strength of its international pool of academics in the field, KEDGE Business School’s Wine & Spirits Academy faculty members contribute to offer participants a truly unique, expert vision of the dynamic wine business."
Over the course of our 2-week summer module, we offer:
- 1 week in Paris & 1 week in Bordeaux.
- 12 business courses, focused on the marketing and management of culinary services, wines and spirits. All courses are delivered in English
- 4 workshops designed to enhance participants’ appreciation of fine French foods and wines
- Business visits to Disneyland Paris, Parisian confectionaries and prestigious châteaux in Bordeaux
- Cultural visits to the Musée d’Orsay, historic parisian monuments, the UNESCO site of Saint-Émilion and the scenic Atlantic coast of southwestern France.
- A dinner cruise on the Seine river, picnic under the Eiffel Tower, oysters and white wine tasting, and a closing dinner on the banks of the Garonne River before the Bastille Day fireworks!
- High-Speed train ticket from Paris to Bordeaux
- Public transportation passes in both Paris & Bordeaux
The KEDGE International Summer School programme (2018, june 18 - july 27):
KEDGE gives the opportunity to each student to personalised his summer school programme.
"Students can follow just one course on one KEDGE campus, or take a Tour of France and follow as many as 6 total courses between our different campuses in Marseille, Bordeaux and Toulon", says Anne-Catherine Guitard, International Relations Manager. "Not only the student benefit from a teaching delivered in English by top-notch international faculty, but he can also collect a maximum of 30 ECTS credits and transfer those credits to his home institution."
Students can follow just one course compressed into a week, mix & match courses from different packages to create a hybrid programme that meets their needs, plan their classes in a hop-on/hop-off format between mid- June and the end of July :
- 14 different courses offered, 5 ECTS credits / 30 contact hours per course
- 7 programme packages, each package comprised of 2 courses
- 2 weeks in duration per package, classes are organised Monday - Thursday on campus with a business trip or social activity organised every Friday.
Our package themes :
- Design Thinking & Managing the Creative Process
- Supply Chain Design & Management
- Value Creation & Innovation in Marketing: A French Approach to Wine & Luxury
- Sports Marketing & Management
- Talent Management & International Performance Monitoring
- CSR & Sustainable Development
Learn more about the International Summer School Programme :
About FERRANDI Paris
FERRANDI Paris, the French School of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management, founded in 1920 by the
Paris Île-de-France Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry, offers a unique range of courses that prepare students for careers in gastronomy and hospitality management.
Recognised for its innovative approach and the quality of its teaching staff, every year 2,500 French and overseas students and 2,000 adults come to FERRANDI Paris to perfect their skills. Its graduates go on to successful careers in renowned establishments or run their own businesses.
Spread over four French campuses in Paris, Jouy-en-Josas, Saint-Gratien and Bordeaux (through a partnership with the Bordeaux CCI), FERRANDI Paris is a member of the “High Level Tourism Group” run by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, and holds Visa accreditation by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
Press contact KEDGE
Angélique GERMAIN Tel. +33(0) 556 846 343 / email@example.com