Nearly 40 guests attended the Opening Ceremony dinner to welcome the first intake of doctoral candidates who embark on their 3-year journey to complete the Euro-Asia Doctorate in Business Administration degree. In addition to the numerous members of Korea University Faculty and staff who came to welcome the participants and demonstrate their support, the ceremony was also attended by:
- Professor Dong-one KIM (Dean, Korea University Business School)
- Professor Pamsy HUI (Associate Dean, Hong Kong Polytechnic University Faculty of Business)
- Dr. Guy MARCILLAT (Vice President, International Strategy and Development, KEDGE Business School)
Addition, distinguished guest speakers included:
- Dr. Yong-seop YUM (Vice President, SK Research Institute)
- Mr. François LECOMTE (President & CEO, AXA Korea)
The 8 men and women who make up the 1st EA DBA doctoral cohort include 4 CEOs, 1 senior business consultant, 1 entrepreneur, 1 senior research manager and 1 family business administrator. Some of the largest corporate entities in Asia are represented by this small group of senior executives, including: LG-Hitachi, Samsung, ACN Korea and SK Telecom.
Feedback from the doctoral participants after their first seminar was universally positive, citing an excellent level of: Programme Organisation; Added Value of the Research Seminar; Quality of the classroom environment and premises, and Quality of the EA-DBA Programme Support and administrators on site. Moreover, every participant noted that the seminar helped them to gain a deeper understanding of the concepts, content, and structure of applied academic research in management to a level that “far exceeded (their) expectations”.
This inaugural class will be joined by a second intake to the EA-DBA on March 16th, 2016 in Shanghai, China.