January 26 - 30, Delhi, India - How can a company align and adapt its business strategy with one of the most complex consumer markets on the planet? With 21 official languages, thousands of dialects, an immense geographical range and purchasing patterns unlike any other, this is what Kedge Global MBA students were faced with during the most recent International Business Seminar to India. Kedge Business School's Global MBA kicked off 2015 by sending its participants to the Indian Institute of Management Lucknow's Executive Campus in Noida, India - just outside of the country's capital. This newly created partnership between Kedge Business School and IIM Lucknow - one of the top-rated executive management institutions in India - marked another turning point in the international development of the Kedge Global MBA programme.
The Kedge executive students were hosted for one intensive week, featuring:
- Courses dedicated to:
- A Strategic Economic Overview of India
- The Indian Rural Market
- Indian Consumer Behaviour
- Information Technologies in India
- Strategic Business Perspectives
- Company Visits
- Sopra Group (A French, IT multi-national operating in Delhi for over 9 years)
- Honda Cars India Limited (a full-production manufacturing plant operated by one of the world's most renowned auto-makers)
- Networking - a joint celebration of the 66th anniversary of India's constitution with Executive Management Programme students, IIM Lucknow's Dean and numerous faculty and staff.
The one-week programme was capped off by MBA participants forming teams that mixed the cohorts from Shanghai, Bordeaux and Marseille to deliver presentations outlining a market entry strategy in India, in line with consumer behaviour.
Overall student feedback was excellent, with numerous participants commenting directly on the fact that this on-site confrontation with the realities of one of the world's most dynamic and complex markets was a major plus for their overall MBA experience.
The next international seminar will send participants to our partner campus in Shanghai in late April. Stay Tuned!