Andres Cardenas, first KEDGE winner of the Eiffel scholarship!

13/10/2020
Congratulations to Andrés Cardenas, a student at ISLI, winner of the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship, awarded by the French government.

Andrés comes from Bogota, Colombia. He has an initial training as an industrial engineer. After working as a junior researcher, he became coordinator of applied research projects and is now responsible for a team of 6 people. His research experiences are all focused on the field of Supply Chain, which Andrés wants to boost - that is why his CV attracted the attention of Catherine Maisonneuve, our promotion manager for the Americas zone.

"I worked for more than three years in a consulting agency specialised in logistics. I learned a lot about the operations of companies in several economic sectors and supply chain management in Colombia and Latin America. The idea of further enriching my knowledge and experience by doing a master's degree in this specialization is a natural step for my professional and personal development.
France is the ideal country to achieve my goals. The country is renowned for its strengths in fields related to innovation, intermodality, port management and many others that make it the ideal place to combine theoretical knowledge with real life expertise. As one of the best programmes in France and in the world, the ISLI - MSc Global Supply Chain Management of KEDGE BS perfectly fulfils my wish."

Andrés Cardenas, ISLI student

This is how Andres describes studying abroad: "Visiting new places is one of the best feelings in life for me, I would even say it is a lifestyle. As a curious person, it leads me to learn more about the different places, the daily life of the local people, to "put myself in their place" as they say; you also learn empathy, get more aware of different beliefs and thoughts, and realize how incredible and connected the world can be.

So, one of the main reasons why I am going to study abroad is to learn more about other cultures, exchange experiences and knowledge with my French peers and discover other countries of the world.
I came to France as a tourist a year ago and was amazed by the country. I met some great people and saw some great places. Today Bordeaux has welcomed me, the people are warm and always ready to help. On top of that, the grey days, the cold and the rain make me feel as if I am still in Bogota! »

About the scholarship obtained, Andés declares "it will allow me to think less about how to live in France, to enjoy my education, KEDGE and French life in general without economic concern. I hope that new students in the coming years will be able to benefit from the scholarships like me."

Andrés is the first winner of our institution to receive this scholarship, which is hard to obtain. We hope that he will inaugurate a series of students who will receive this prestigious scholarship.

About the Eiffel scholarship

The Eiffel scholarship is a prestigious scholarship.

• Created in 1999, it is awarded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to foreign candidates integrating teaching or research programmes in French higher education institutions (universities and schools). Campus France is responsible for awarding and managing this scholarship.
  • The candidate is submitted by the French institution with a file. This file is examined by a jury of "experts" composed of university or school professors selected by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs. Kedge BS is represented by Bruno Camus, member of the jury and of its Steering Committee. This presence attests both the quality and the internationalization of the school.
  • Applications are evaluated by the jury according to academic merit and motivation for further study. The support of the candidate institution is also important. There are 4 fields: engineering sciences, political sciences, law and economics/management.
  • In Economics and Management, the selection rate is around 23% (600 applications for 140 scholarships in 2019). Overall, since 1999, 7706 Master's degree laureates from 109 countries were presented, with China, Brazil, Vietnam and Russia at the top of the list. (Figures closed in 2019). In 2005, a specific category was created for PhDs and has rewarded 972 laureates from 78 countries.
  • Successful candidates confirm their excellence during their time at a French university or school and contribute to its international academic reputation.  

Contacts : Anna Nerriere, Bruno Camus