Admission & Funding for the KEDGE PhD Programme
How to apply
All applicants are required to follow our online application platform.
Application deadline 28 February 2022.
Please submit the following documents:
1. Statement of purpose (Cover letter)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Proposal of a potential thesis topic related to research of the Center of Excellence targeted (the candidate should in particular identify - but not contact yet – a potential advisor among the professors from the Centres of Excellence)
4. Grade reports of your MA and BA degrees.
5. A pdf copy of your MA thesis or other research-oriented output (e.g. BA thesis, seminar papers, etc.). This work must be single-authored.
6. At least one reference letter
- Professor Lutz Preuss, Director of the PhD Programme
- Professor Olivier Gergaud, Head of the Centre of Excellence Food, Wine & Hospitality
Conditions of employment
- Our PhD positions are fully funded for a period of up to 4 years.
- Appointed PhD candidates are employees of KEDGE Business School and will receive a salary of approx. EUR 1900 per month gross, including health care benefits.
- Following the 3-paper model, a PhD thesis at KEDGE consists of three related academic papers, which are presented at leading conferences and ultimately submitted to high-quality academic journals.
- The PhD programme offers extensive training in research methods; students are also encouraged to regularly attend research seminars.
- Our PhD students furthermore are expected to teach on undergraduate and masters’ courses, which are normally undertaken in English. Training in pedagogy is also available. Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration of up to four years.
- The PhD positions are intended to start 1 September 2022.
PhD Positions at KEDGE Business School
KEDGE Business School seeks to fill PhD positions.
§ Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to the completion of doctoral studies,
§ Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to providing teaching and research support
Required Profile for the PhD position
- Master’s degree expected; in very exceptional cases can alternative experience be considered (e.g. research-related work experience),
- Proofs of Fluency in English,
- A passion for research,
- Ability to work independently,
- An interest in the topics on which research is being undertaken by KEDGE’s Centres of Excellence
Successful candidates usually receive a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend in return for engaging in teaching.
About KEDGE Business School
KEDGE Business School is a vibrant business school with 4 campuses in France (Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille and Toulon), two in China (Shanghai and Suzhou) and two in Africa (Senegal, Côte d'Ivoire). KEDGE Business School offers an international environment, which includes 14,800 students (25% foreign students), 172 full-time faculty members (45% of whom are international) and some 300 international academic partners. Ranked 34st amongst European Business Schools and 41th worldwide for the Executive MBA by the Financial Times, KEDGE Business School is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and a member of the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles.