Admission & Funding for the KEDGE PhD Programme
The call for applications is now closed
KEDGE Business School has filled twelve PhD positions for the September 2023 entry, in fields of research that are closely related to its Centres of Excellence :
- Marketing & New Consumption
- Supply Chain Management
- Food, Wine & Hospitality
- International Business
- Finance reconsidered: SEEFAR
Every year, shortlisted candidates are invited to interview, which can be via an electronic platform like MS Teams, with faculty members of KEDGE.
The next call for applications for the September 2024 entry will start in December 2023.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org :
1. Application form (.pdf)
2. Statement of purpose (Cover letter)
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Proposal of a potential thesis topic related to research of the Center of Excellence targeted (please click here to download our pdf general guidance document on how to produce a research proposal)
5. Grade reports of your MA and BA degrees.
6. A pdf copy of your MA thesis or other research-oriented output (e.g. BA thesis, seminar papers, etc.). This work must be single-authored.
7. At least one reference letter
- Send your completed application to the following designated e-mail address : email@example.com (only applications received by e-mail before the deadline will be considered).
- In the header of your e-mail, please clearly state your surname and the Centre of Excellence you are applying for, such as: ‘PhD Application, Smith, Marketing’.
- If you wish to be considered for two Centres, please send two e-mails.
|Download .pdf documents :||FULL ADVERTISEMENT||APPLICATION FORM||RESEARCH PROPOSAL GUIDELINES|
- Our PhD positions are fully funded for a period of up to 4 years.
- Appointed PhD candidates are employees of KEDGE Business School and will receive a salary of approx. EUR 1900 per month gross, including health care benefits.
- Following the 3-paper model, a PhD thesis at KEDGE consists of three related academic papers, which are ultimately submitted to high-quality academic journals.
- The PhD programme offers extensive training in research methods; students are also encouraged to regularly attend research seminars.
- Our PhD students furthermore are expected to teach on undergraduate and masters’ courses, which are normally undertaken in English. Training in pedagogy is also available. Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration of up to four years.
- The PhD positions are intended to start 1 September 2023.
KEDGE Business School seeks to fill PhD positions.
§ Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to the completion of doctoral studies,
§ Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to providing teaching and research support.
- Master’s degree expected; in very exceptional cases can alternative experience be considered (e.g. research-related work experience),
- Proofs of Fluency in English,
- A passion for research,
- Ability to work independently,
- An interest in the topics on which research is being undertaken by KEDGE’s Centres of Excellence
Successful candidates usually receive a tuition waiver and a monthly stipend in return for engaging in teaching.
KEDGE Business School is a vibrant business school with 4 campuses in France (Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille and Toulon), two in China (Shanghai and Suzhou) and two in Africa (Senegal, Côte d'Ivoire). KEDGE Business School offers an international environment, which includes 14,800 students (25% foreign students), 196 full-time faculty members (45% of whom are international) and some 300 international academic partners. Ranked 34st amongst European Business Schools and 41th worldwide for the Executive MBA by the Financial Times, KEDGE Business School is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and a member of the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles.