7 top sought-after marketing careers with a marketing master's
- Marketing Data Analyst: Data lies at the core of every marketing decision. Marketing Data Analysts are the data detectives of the marketing world. Their objective is to transform data into actionable insights, assessing the performance of marketing campaigns, identifying trends, and fine-tuning strategies for optimal results. Salaries for Marketing Data Analysts can vary widely, but mid-level professionals typically earn between €45,000 to €65,000 per year, with experienced analysts commanding salaries upwards of €85,000 or more.
- Search Engine marketing professionals: SEO and SEA specialists are integral to online marketing efforts. SEO specialists focus on optimising websites to improve organic search traffic, employing techniques like keyword research and on-page optimisation. In comparison, SEA specialists manage paid advertising campaigns, creating and optimising paid search campaigns through platforms like Google Ads. Entry-level specialists in both fields typically earn annual salaries ranging from €30,000 to €50,000, while experienced professionals with advanced skills can command salaries starting from €70,000 annually.
- Advertising Campaign Manager: Advertising campaign managers plan and execute campaigns across various channels to maximise brand visibility and generate leads. Their main objective is to orchestrate successful advertising campaigns that boost brand visibility and generate leads. Salaries for advertising campaign managers vary, with mid-level professionals typically earning between €35,000 to €55,000 per year. However, experienced managers in competitive industries may command salaries exceeding €80,000.
- Customer Experience Manager: As a customer experience manager, the mission is to create positive and memorable experiences for customers. They analyse customer journeys, identify key touchpoints, and implement strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty. Creating interactions between customers and brands is their main objective. Salaries for customer experience managers can range from €40,000 to €70,000 per year, with potential for higher earnings in senior roles.
- PR Manager: PR professionals manage a company's reputation and image. They handle communication with the media, clients, and stakeholders to create a positive brand image. Missions involve crafting compelling narratives, managing media relations, and fostering positive brand perception. PR Managers often enjoy competitive salaries, with mid-career professionals earning an average of €40,000 to €70,000 per annum, and experienced PR Managers potentially earning well over €85,000 or more, depending on the industry and location.
- Brand Manager: As a brand manager, the primary mission is to breathe life into a brand, nurturing its identity and ensuring it resonates with consumers. They strategise to increase brand visibility, cultivate brand loyalty, and safeguard its reputation. Brand managers often earn an attractive salary, with mid-career professionals averaging between €40,000 to €70,000 per annum, while experienced managers can command salaries upwards of €70,000 to €100,000 or more, depending on the industry and company size.
- Influencer Marketing Specialist: With the rise of social media, influencer marketing has gained prominence in recent years. Influencer marketing specialists collaborate with influencers and content creators to promote a company's products and services through influencer campaigns. Salaries vary widely, but mid-level professionals can earn between €35,000 to €65,000 per year, while experienced specialists may command higher salaries, especially in industries with a strong focus on influencer marketing.
Essential skills for tomorrow's marketing roles
In today's competitive marketing landscape, maintaining a competitive edge demands a robust skill set that is in high demand across the industry. Employers are seeking professionals who possess expertise in a variety of areas, including data analytics, digital marketing proficiency, content creation, a deep understanding of consumer behavior and market research, and a solid grasp of emerging technologies: these are all qualities that set marketing professionals appart. As this environment continues to evolve, acquiring and honing these in-demand skills not only opens doors to exciting career prospects but also ensures long-term success in the field:
- Data and Analytics: Proficiency in data analysis tools and platforms is essential for gathering, interpreting, and leveraging data to drive data-driven marketing decisions. Skills in presenting data visually through charts, graphs, and dashboards enable better decision-making, while proficiency in marketing analytics tools helps track and measure marketing performance.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Optimisation (SEO): Understanding SEO techniques to improve website visibility in search engine results pages and boost organic traffic is crucial. Additionally, the ability to create and optimise paid search campaigns using platforms like Google Ads enhances the overall marketing strategy.
- Social Media and Influencer Marketing: Managing and strategising social media accounts, including content creation, audience engagement, and campaign optimisation, is vital for building a strong online presence. Collaborating with influencers to leverage their reach and credibility can significantly impact marketing success.
- Marketing Automation and CRM: Familiarity with marketing automation tools streamlines marketing processes, allowing for efficient lead nurturing. An understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is essential for effectively managing and nurturing customer relationships.
- AI and Machine Learning: Understanding how artificial intelligence and machine learning can enhance marketing efforts, such as personalisation and predictive analytics, is valuable for staying competitive in the digital marketing landscape.
- Web Development and Coding: Proficiency in coding and web development is an extremely valuable skill set that allows for website enhancements, landing page optimisation, and the execution of effective online marketing campaigns.
- Video Creation and Editing: Skills in video creation and editing are essential for crafting engaging video content that captivates audiences and drives brand affinity. It is particularly valuable for creating promotional content for various marketing platforms.
- Digital Advertising: Expertise in managing online advertising campaigns across various platforms like Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads is critical for maximising brand visibility, generating leads, and achieving marketing goals.
These careers offer a glimpse into the many possibilities available to marketing graduates. At KEDGE, our Masters of Science in marketing-related areas are internationally renowned degrees granting a 5-year higher education recognition, specifically designed to prepare our students for excellence in these exciting roles. Explore how our specialised programmes can help you achieve your professional goals:
MSc Marketing: The specialised marketing programme shapes versatile marketing experts with theoretical knowledge, practical projects, and exposure to emerging trends thanks to 4 tracks of expertise. Graduates excel in diverse roles in the sector. Find out more
MSc Digital Marketing & Sales: Addressing the demand for digital skills, this specialised programme covers digital marketing, CRM, IT and coding, and webmarketing emphasising practical skills through workshops, real projects, and internships. Find out more
MSc Data Analytics for Business: Bridging data and marketing, this MSc equips graduates with vital skills such as data analysis, visualisation, and decision-making, making them highly sought-after in the data-driven marketing landscape. Find out more