Accommodation - Bordeaux

The Bordeaux campus is located on the Talence university site, around 20 minutes outside of Bordeaux city centre by tram.

Bordeaux centre - Les Quais.

Where to stay?

In terms of location, you can look at either Bordeaux or the urban community of Bordeaux (sometimes referred to as Bordeaux métropole  in French) which includes the neighbouring towns, of which the closest to the school are Talence, Gradignan, and Pessac.

The liveliest areas of Bordeaux city centre are Hôtel de Ville, Quinconces, St Pierre, Capucins and Victoire. The last 3 mentioned being student neighbourhoods and very popular evening destinations, so they are noisier than others.

Nansouty and St Genes are 2 quieter alternatives.

Tram B and buses provide transport links. For information on public transport in Bordeaux and CUB, please visit:

How to find accommodation?

Use our dedicated housing platform. With our partner Studapart, access hundreds of exclusive offers: studios, flatshares, rooms in private homes, student residence… and benefit from personalised support throughout your rental.

From searching to booking, you’re able to complete the whole process online. To get started, click on “Tenant space” and sign up using your school’s login credentials, your personal email address or register with Facebook. Tell us your requirements, choose your accommodation, book and pay online.

With Studapart, you will benefit from the Studapart Guarantee and support from a team of multilingual experts.

You don’t have a guarantor living in France?

Studapart can replace your guarantor over the whole duration of your stay.      

A guarantor is a third party, who signs the lease agreement with the tenant being responsible for paying the rent. In case the tenant does not pay the rent, the landlord has an option to legally ask the guarantor to pay the rent.

It can be a challenge to rent a place in France without a French guarantor. In most cases, student residences and landlords require that your guarantor earns income in France.

You can get the Studapart guarantee directly on the platform and add it to your rental application to find accommodation on the Studapart platform

If you require any further information, feel free to email us:


In order to advertise your property on our platform, click on ‘owner space’ to go through the process.

Other option

The student hall residences (CROUS)

The Regional Centre for University and School Work (CROUS) is a public organisation in charge of student administration. In other words, they are in charge of social assistance to students, welcoming international students, help with student accommodation and restaurants (university catering), as well as promoting culture.

For more info or CROUS website
Contact: CROUS by email
By telephone: +33 (0) 5 56 33 92 97

Back to top